Friday 1 January 2016

New Years and meeting new people

I was at the house of one of my good friends (may I say "adopted family") of many years standing had his brother over with his new son to join everyone for New Years. So I snapped this shot of the young woman with the Oly 45mm f1.7 on my GF-1


Turned out well I think ... which is just as well, as there were quite a many that didn't because the camera seized upon the background ...


As you can see the camera picked the pillow (which was actually within the bracket which had the babys face) ... although it had not latched onto face detect.

Which brings me to my side point ... if you want to take reliable photographs of kids, use an SLRalike camera where you can focus and confirm focus visually ... back of camera screens are just not sufficient, especially if you happen to crave "fast lenses".

Well it was nice to bring in the new year out on the balcony and enjoy nice time with friends and new family.

No comments: