Tuesday 22 September 2015

I can hear (him) for miles and miles and miles ....

The bird that's probably my most recognizable sound for my sub tropical area is the Koel (or Stormbird, or Cooee bird...)


He's got a distinctive two part call which can be heard for miles ... its something like the common name of "Koo Eeee"


Like any good singer he really knows how to put his entire body into it ... and projects that sound well


He's really grown fond of that Lilli Pilli right beside my place. Now that summer is on the way he's arrived to find a mate, and together lay eggs in someone elses nest (yes, he's a cuckoo). He likes to start calling with first light ... guess I won't need my alarm for a while now, now that I have this new Cuckoo Alarm Clock.

I wonder where the chainsaw is...


No comments: